(Update: the Communication History position was removed from the call, as a YECREA representative for the Section had already been appointed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused)
The YECREA Network is calling for early-career communication researchers across Europe to apply for 16 vacant positions as YECREA representatives.
Deadline for applications: 20th December 2021
The vacant positions are in the following Sections, Networks and Temporary Working Groups (TWGs):
- Audience and Reception Studies
- Children, Youth and Media
- Communication and Democracy
- Communication Law and Policy
- Diaspora, Migration and the Media
- Digital Culture and Communication
- Media Industries and Cultural Production
- Organisational and Strategic Communication
- Political Communication
- Television Studies
12. Central and East-European Network
13. Women’s Network
14. Affect, Emotion and Media
15. Ethics of Mediated Suffering
16. Journalism and Communication Education
The young scholar (YECREA) representative in each Section/TWG/Network assists the managing team (consisting of a chair and two vice-chairs) in organising panels, symposia and/or conferences, and promoting the specific research area. Furthermore, the YECREA representative works to inform early-career scholars about events in the field and take part in organising events, such as pre-conference workshops or meetings.
The ‘young’ in young scholar is not a measure of age, but of career progression. Thus, all scholars in non-tenure positions (e.g. PhDs and postdocs) are welcome to apply. It should be noted that the position as YECREA representatives is not paid.
Applications should be no more than 500 words and contain the following information:
- A heading with your name and the specific position you are applying for
- Details on your current university, position and progression
- A brief description of your research
- A brief statement on your work’s connection to the specific section, TWG or network
- A brief statement on your aspirations for improving early-career research
The YECREA managing committee (Sandra Banjac, Valentina Anania and Antonio Cuartero) will evaluate applications. The final decision on candidates will be taken in collaboration with the managing teams of each Section/TWG/Network.
As part of the evaluation, motivation will be emphasised as well as ensuring diversity and supporting new scholars in the field.
Once the selection is complete, the YECREA managing committee will organise an onboarding meeting for all representatives, during which new members will be welcomed, the aims of YECREA will be discussed and any questions will be addressed.
More information about each Section/TWG/Network can be found at: https://www.ecrea.eu/Sections
More information about YECREA can be found at: http://yecrea.eu/Applications and questions should be sent to: email@example.com